- How do I know if my modem is working?
- What do the lights mean on my modem?
- What happens if I factory reset my modem?
- How do I reset my Telstra Smart Gen 2 modem?
- Why is my internet not working?
- Why is the light on my modem blue?
- What is pair on Telstra smart modem?
- What happens if I reset my Telstra modem?
- How many lights should be lit on my modem?
- What Colour should the light be on my Telstra smart modem?
- How do I add a printer to my Telstra smart modem?
- Where is the reset button on Telstra modem?
- What lights should be on my Telstra modem?
- Why is my Telstra smart modem not working?
How do I know if my modem is working?
Cable modem router troubleshooting tipsMake sure that your cable modem’s MAC address is registered with your cable provider.
Check your cable modem’s Ethernet and coaxial cable connections.
If you are using wireless, check that your wireless connection is functioning correctly.
Power off your modem for at least 10 seconds and then power it back on.More items…•.
What do the lights mean on my modem?
POWER: A solid green light indicates the unit is properly connected to power. A blinking red light indicates a possible modem failure. … If your modem is connected to power, and yet no lights are lit, check to ensure the power switch on the back is toggled to the “on” position.
What happens if I factory reset my modem?
The RESET button restores your modem to its factory default settings. This also erases any customized settings you may have changed, including: static IP address setup, DNS, personalized password, customized wireless settings, port forwarding, routing and DHCP settings.
How do I reset my Telstra Smart Gen 2 modem?
If default username and password doesn’t work then will have to factory reset modem. The reset button is located on back of modem near LAN port 2. To reset modem press reset button for at least 10 seconds while modem is powered on. Modem will reboot resetting all settings including password to factory defaults.
Why is my internet not working?
There are a lot of possible reasons for why your internet isn’t working. Your router or modem may be out of date, your DNS cache or IP address may be experiencing a glitch, or your internet service provider could be experiencing outages in your area. The problem could be as simple as a faulty Ethernet cable.
Why is the light on my modem blue?
When the ECO light is Blue this is indicating that the WiFi connection or access point to the modem is disabled. If having this pressed has not made this service available then having the modem turned off for a 5 min period and then back on should have this issue resolved.
What is pair on Telstra smart modem?
The ‘pair’ button allows the pairing or connection of DECT phone lines only serviced by Telstra – usually your former hardline number/s – when connected to the green coloured ports of the modem and the pair button is pressed until it flashes green.
What happens if I reset my Telstra modem?
Re: If I reset my modem? If you do factory reset, all configuration you have done before (such as port forwarding rules, DMZ setting, firewall settings, static IP reservations, etc) will be reset. I would sugest you write those configuration down before resetting, therefore you can re-confgure them.
How many lights should be lit on my modem?
1. Look to see which lights are lit up on your modem. There are many different varieties out there, but most will at least have at least four green lights labeled send, receive, online, and PC activity or something similar.
What Colour should the light be on my Telstra smart modem?
greenBoth Link, Online and Phone light should be green. The Signal light indicate strength of 4G backup and should be either red (Poor Signal), orange (Signal OK) and Green (Good Signal) https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/News-Feed/What-do-the-lights-on-your-Telstra-modem-mean/ba-p/…
How do I add a printer to my Telstra smart modem?
1. Connect the printer to your Wi-Fi modemOn the printer’s screen, find ‘Settings’ and open ‘Network Connection’ or ‘Network Settings’Now select ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ or ‘Network Setup’. The printer will search for networks. … Select your Wi-Fi network name (SSID), then enter your password.
Where is the reset button on Telstra modem?
To reset modem press the reset button located just below power button for about 10 seconds using a bent paperclip while modem is powered on. Modem should reboot resetting everything to factory defaults including WiFi SSID and password.
What lights should be on my Telstra modem?
If you have a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2, you can find out what the lights on this device mean here. Take control of the wireless network in your home or office with the Telstra Home Dashboard™ App….What do the lights on your Telstra modem mean?FunctionLED ColourDescription of OperationSignal / BackupSolid OrangeGood 4G SignalSolid RedPoorOffNo 4G Signal18 more rows
Why is my Telstra smart modem not working?
Restart your modem: Remove the power cable from your modem for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Wait 1-2 minutes for the modem to settle and go ‘green’, now check to see if your devices are connecting. This is a ‘reboot’ and can often solve connection problems.